Sunday, October 7, 2012

Chocolate Whipped Cream

Instead of buying a mini container of ice cream (I prefer Haagen-Daaz myself on a cheat day), I decided to come up with a healthy dessert that would satisfy my need for ice cream.  I ended up going with a thick chocolate whipped cream. 

Recipe -
  • 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1 tbsp powdered sugar or 1 tsp powdered sugar replacement (Truvia is what I use in specific)
  • 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
  • vanilla extract to taste
Steps -
  1. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, whisk together violently.  
  2. Stop whisking when you have stiff peaks on the whipped cream.
  3. Spoon out and serve.

Optional - Dust the plate with a small amount of powdered sugar.

Servings 2
215 Calories with powdered sugar
  • 40g  Fat
  • 8g Carbs
  • 0g Protein
200 Calories with powdered stevia, I do think that there should be some carb and protein since it is milk, but the carton shows 0g at the small serving size.
  • 40g  Fat
  • 0g Carbs
  • 0g Protein

This whipped cream has a nice thick consistency, and works great to share with someone.  A little goes a long way, and eating this entire recipe by yourself can be a bit too much unless you love whipped cream.

If you find you need to add a little sweetness, I prefer to dust some powdered sugar over the top.  You'll need to use less to increase the perceived sweetness. 


1 comment: